If you're looking for a unique activity for the kids this summer, you won't want to miss The Great Baby Dinosaur Show at Newcastle Museum.
Come along to the museum's newest petting zoo to marvel at and be captivated by the baby dinosaurs. From spikes and horns to claws and roars, it will be the most fascinating fun you've had in a long time.
What's more – the museum needs you to help judge these cute cuddly dinos for the 'Best in Show' award!
The judges have already awarded all the other ribbons like ‘Best Roar’, ‘Coolest Spikes’ and ‘Most Colourful Scales’, but who will take out the top prize?
You can vote on any wifi enabled phone or tablet by scanning the QR codes in the exhibition, with the winner announced after the show finishes in March.
While you're there don't miss the chance to grab some dinosaur goodies at the Visitor Information Centre on the other side of Museum Park!
There's a range of dinosaur products made by local producers so you can take home your very own dinosaur collectible, including...
- Bespoke wooden dinosaurs of various sizes handmade by the fabulous Raymond Terrace Men's Shed
- Three different types of dinosaur activity packs including beautiful dino footprint stamps, magnets & colouring in sheets made by the local Toronto company 5 Little Bears
- Dinosaur sandwich bags made by local social enterprise Ruby & Grace
- Dinosaur posters & badges designed and created especially for the Visitor Information Centre by exhibition artist and local natural history illustrator Tallulah Cunningham
- Dinosaur stickers and magnets by Tallulah's creations
The Great Baby Dinosaur show will run from Saturday 11 December 2021 to Sunday 13 March 2022 - come along for a roaring good time!