This workshop will give you all the tools you need to turn your simple food scraps into a natural fertilizer, reducing landfill and greenhouse gas emissions.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to purchase your chosen home composting product online with 75% off RRP, plus FREE delivery!
The workshop will cover:
- What is compost and how it is made
- The environmental benefits of composting
- The basic compost recipe
- Which bin is for you? The differences between compost bins, worm farms and Bokashi bins
- Common composting problems and remedies
- How to use your compost in the garden
Please note that the compost bins, worm farms and Bokashi bins will not be available at the workshop. They need to be purchased online with the limit of one per household. Your online purchase will then be delivered to your home address.
The workshop event is FREE for Newcastle LGA residents.
Places are limited, with only one person per household eligible to attend.
The composting workshops are presented by Waste Services and Newcastle Libraries.
This project is a NSW Environment Protection Authority, Waste Less, Recycle More initiative, funded from the waste levy.