31 December 2021 04:00 PM
Market Street Lawn
Scott St & Wharf street
Join us as we farewell 2021 and CELEBRATE NYE with a spectacular return of New Year's Eve celebrations to the Foreshore, with the much-loved family friendly event to be capped off with a dazzling 9pm fireworks display!
Bring your family and your picnic blanket to enjoy the fun and festive atmosphere with DJ sets, local performers, roving entertainers and amusement rides along the harbourside precinct as it comes alive with a range of activities spread along Market St Lawn and the Foreshore (along Wharf Rd) between Argyle St and Watt St.
There will be family friendly, inclusive and fun entertainment for all ages with music, food vendors and live music, including:
- Three pop up DJ booths – dance your way into the new year and enjoy reggae island styles tunes; pop, family and disco hits plus funk, soul and classics
- Roving entertainment – busker styles to amaze and delight the crowd
- Interactive creative zone – treat your little ones to Fabulist Umbra, an experimental show puppetry workshops with music, narrated stories and shadow puppets (bookings are required for this safe interactive magical sensory experience tailored to specific needs)
- Indigenous Arts – Experience Indigenous Cultural art and craft, roving performance and dance
- Family Zones – enjoy the free and accessible friendly rides in the inflatable playground for children including bungee trampoline, Proncee jumping castle and inflatable obstacle course
- Food Trucks, Carnival Treats and Market Stalls– you will be spoilt for choice with the variety of divine eats fresh from our region and treats on offer!
To ensure attendees can adhere to social distancing requirements, the traditional New Year's Eve main stage concert will not take place this year.
Brought to you by City of Newcastle.